Tuesday, June 24, 2014

What Day Is It?

I don't really know where to start since my last post.
Things have been a massive blur since the Niagara Falls trip.

Daniel didn't have any days off the last two weeks before moving out of Cleveland.
Which meant I had the unfortunate job of doing the majority the packing.
With a five-year-old and two-year-old at home.

There was a certain little munchkin who loved unpacking my finished boxes, popping all the bubble-wrap, and writing on the hardwood stairs with a giant Sharpie (praise Jesus for Magic Eraser).
I won't name any names, but I will say she looks insanely cute sitting on the ramp of a moving truck...



Despite the total madness, e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. got packed, and I only had 490,234 a few meltdowns in the process.
We all gathered in front of the house for a last family photo and even in that moment it already seemed so bizarre to me that we actually lived in Cleveland for a year.


What's even crazier is realizing just how much has changed in these past five years of residency and fellowship.

Father's Day Weekend 2009 moving to Oklahoma ---- Father's Day Weekend 2014 moving to Kentucky.
It's been the fastest and slowest time of our lives.
I'm exceedingly excited to begin a new chapter.
Even if it has already started out like a nightmare episode Seinfeld.
More on that later...

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear from you (but seriously sorry about the nightmare Seinfeld episode). And completely impressed that you've blogged at all after moving insanity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget the original move before that beautiful first daughter of yours was born. I'll never forget it! (major sad face) :(
    I'm sure all of the melt downs are totally worth it now that you are back home. Can't wait to "live out" the next chapter with you :)
    Hugs from the Ham........

    ReplyDelete