Monday, August 4, 2014

Let's Focus on the Positives, Shall We?

(Deep breath.)

I'm not going to talk about how my heart was torn in two over the fact that my big girl had her first day of Kindergarten.

And I'm not going to talk about how horrendous Mina's 3-year-old check-up was today.
And how with a single finger prick, it sent her into a hysterical fit.
One that included blood splattering everywhere, chunks of my hair getting ripped out, overflowing tears, clawing, and fear-driven manic rage from my poor, scared girl who's been through way too much in the past several weeks.

I'm also not going to talk about how I waited for Aubrey for over an hour to get home from her first day of Kindergarten only to find that she never actually got on the bus. How there was a mix-up on the transportation information sheet and that her teacher sent her to carpool pick-up where she waited for a Mom who never came because the Mom was waiting at her house for the bus to drop her off.

No, I'm not going to talk about any of that.

Because I've already cried too many tears today.
And sprouted too many gray hairs.

Tonight, I'm thanking God for seeing me through a really rough day.
And for all the wonderful moments He managed to slip in along the way...








Thankful for goodnights.
And for fresh tomorrows.

2 comments:

  1. Can't even imagine all that. Sounds so hard, and while I have zero advice since I've never been there, I have encouragement from Psalm 3:
    But you, O Lord, are a shield about me,
    my glory, and the lifter of my head.
    4 I cried aloud to the Lord,
    and he answered me from his holy hill. Selah
    5 I lay down and slept;
    I woke again, for the Lord sustained me.

    Praying for sleep, rest, comfort, honesty, and wholeness for you and your family. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a day! I know how you feel about that one going off to kindergarten. Just wait til she goes off to college!! Poor Mina. She really has been thru it lately! Well, all is well and God got you thru it all. I cannot wait to hear about the school year as it goes by. That girl is so smart (just like the cookie says!) and I know she will learn so, so much!
    Hugs from the Ham..........

    ReplyDelete